Resources for creators using free, libre and open-source software
Link to all the fileformats that are FLOSS:
- APNG - It allows for animated PNG files that work similarly to animated GIF files.
- FLIF - Free Lossless Image Format.
- GBR - a 2D binary vector image file format, the de facto standard in the printed circuit board (PCB) industry
- GIF - CompuServe's Graphics Interchange Format (openly published specification, but patent-encumbered by a third party; became free when patents expired in 2004)
- JPEG 2000 - an image format standardized by ISO/IEC
- MNG - moving pictures, based on PNG
- OpenEXR — a high dynamic range imaging image file format, released as an open standard along with a set of software tools created by Industrial Light and Magic (ILM).
- PNG - a raster image format standardized by ISO/IEC
- SVG - a vector image format standardized by W3C
- WebP - image format developed by Google
- XPM - image file format used by the X Window System
- ALAC - lossless audio codec, previously a proprietary format of Apple Inc.
- FLAC - lossless audio codec
- DAISY Digital Talking Book - a talking book format
- Musepack — an audio codec
- MP3 - lossy audio codec, previously patented
- Ogg - container for Vorbis, FLAC, Speex and Opus (audio formats) & Theora (a video format), each of which is an open format
- Opus - a lossy audio compression format developed by the IETF. Suitable for VoIP, videoconferencing (just audio), music transmission over the Internet and streaming applications (just audio).
- Speex - speech codec
- Vorbis - a lossy audio compression format.
- WavPack - "Hybrid" (lossless/lossy) audio codec
- Dirac - a video compression format supporting both lossless and lossy compression
- Matroska (mkv) - container for all type of multimedia formats (audio, video, images, subtitles)
- WebM - a video/audio container format
- Theora - lossy video compression format
- FFV1 - Lossless infra video-codec
- x265 - A H.265 / HEVC video encoder application library, designed to encode video or images into an H.265 / HEVC encoded bitstream
Powered by Neocities